Do you realize that something as small as a spelling mistake, a stain, inconsistencies and a number of other details remove you from the arena of “excellence” to that of mediocracy? For some, it seems like this terrible little curse, of sorts, is something that “just happens…” over and over again.
If you are someone who is chronically missing some of the details – here are a few things you can do:
- Acknowledge it to yourself.
- Look for the patterns – where are you missing, consistently
- Try to identify the “why’s” – why are you missing the mark.
- Do not excuse yourself.
- Start with a goal. For example, “I will be 15 minutes early for all of my meetings”
- If your area of concern is in writing, schedule yourself time to go back and review what you’ve written, or, better yet, get someone else to review it
- If your area is in presenting, practice your presentation
- If your presentation, itself, is an area of concern – your clothing, your hair, nails, makeup, etc., ask for advice – not just from your friends and family, but from peers and colleagues who will give you and honest opinion.
“You’ll never get a second chance to make a first impression” is more than cliche, it is truth. As a professional and or business owner, that impression you make can make the difference between success and failure. It’s all in the details.
At Aepiphanni Business Solutions, we are a Small Business Consulting Firm dedicated to serving the needs of small business owners. We specialize in helping you develop strategies for your organization, and are committed to your success. If you have further questions about creating your strategy or developing your vision, please give me, Rick Meekins, a call at 678-265-3908, or email us at [email protected].