The link is to a network marketing article where Donald Trump endorses network marketing. It is interesting that after stating that if he lost everything he would get into network marketing, crowds started to boo him. And then he said, “That’s Why I am up here and you are down there!”
Now, that’s a mouthful! But he is right. I would bet that he is quite aware of is gifts, strengths and abilities, and is quite aware of the fact that he has enough contacts, influence and confidence to do extremely well in network marketing. That’s not the case for all of us. More people fail than succeed in network marketing.
The question is, why did he say it? Well, network marketing not only has paydays for the immediate sale of goods or services, but it also has residual paydays for people who you get to sell the product or service for the company. The idea is that you start with people you know, and get them to sign up either to buy from you, or to “come into the fold.” You are told that you will receive untold sums of money and be able to work near your pool, work part-time for twice the money, replace your income, yada-yada-yada.
How can does this apply to you and your business? The same way. However, you can be at the top of the heap instead of at the bottom!
Here are a few places to start:
- Work on your company brand – ensure that it is positive, appealing and aligned with your organizational goals.
- Define the problem that your business can address.
- Define the solution for the problem that your business can address.
- Define the ancillary benefits of implementing your solution.
- Take all of this and make it into a story. Use some network marketing articles and collateral for this.
- Create your own press release, blog entry, website, podcast, etc. (I don’t mean one, I mean as many as possible) to place everywhere you conceivably can place them.
- Develop a referral program – one that will benefit those who will refer your business. You have to make it worth it to them, and you have to be able to place your organization in a very positive light.
- Once these are in place, start recruiting people you know – friends, family, business associates.
- Remember, these people are stakeholders in your business. You don’t just tell them and go away; if they are willing, encourage them, remind them and share with them.
- Lastly – remember them. Referrals don’t simply go one direction. Work hard for them. be a blessing for their interests and goals. Giving back, in nearly any area, will help to create a sustainable future in that and related areas.
At Aepiphanni Business Solutions, we are dedicated to serving the needs of small business owners. We specialize in helping you develop strategies for your organization, and are committed to your success. If you have further questions about creating your strategy or developing your vision, please give me, Rick Meekins, a call at 678-265-3908, or email us at [email protected].