Rick Meekins is the Managing Partner at Aepiphanni, a Business Consultancy, an Atlanta, GA based small business consultancy that provides Management Consulting, Implementation and Managed Services to business leaders and entrepreneurs seeking to improve or expand operations.
Business Wisdom from the Path
I’ve had the privilege of working with more clients than i can think of, and helping dozens of business owners and entrepreneurs get a bit closer to the vision they started out with for their business. Over the years, I’ve had opportunity to observe many practices, learn and grow a great many ways, and share countless conversations and philosophies with as many people.
Below, are some business sniglets I’ve picked up along the path, that have kept me and the business owners and entrepreneurs I’ve served moving forward, day in and day out. Some of them are my own observation, others are influenced by others.
- You are not a product of your environment. Because people think a certain way about you doesn’t mean that this is what you are.
- While you may not always choose your environment, you can always choose your attitude.
- If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Without a plan, you are taking a trip to a specific destination without knowledge of how to get there.
- You fail only if you are reactive versus proactive. If you are proactive, you will look for indicators and trends that suggest you need to change something.
- You are not your business, your business is not you. The fact that you must close your business does not make you a failure.
- Win, lose or draw, you must always learn and grow from it.
- Taking the same path, with the same actions, expecting different results in the definition of insanity.
- Always have an exit strategy. Know what it will look like; don’t be caught off guard.
- It can be done. Sometimes, you must think differently, use different resources, and determine what the true measure of success is.
- Closing your business doesn’t necessarily mean you’ve failed. If done properly, it can help prepare you for the next steps.
- Being able to keep your shirt under obverse circumstance is a testament to you.
- There are always choices and questions. It is a matter making the right choice and asking the right question.
- Knowledge is more than power; it is a currency. Gather it, store it and spend it wisely.
- Blessings are not to be stored up; they are to be passed forward
- Perspective, attitude and being are directly dependant on success
- Courage is fear that says its prayers at breakfast
- Ask why. Ask again. And repeat.
- Don’t follow blindly. Be ware of your choices and pursue your best options.
I hope that as we enter the final month of 2008, you plan to finish well, realize and understand that you have it within you to think bigger, go further and do more than you ever has in the past. I wish you blessing, courage and progress.
At Aepiphanni Business Solutions, we are a Small Business Consulting Firm dedicated to serving the needs of small business owners. We specialize in helping you develop strategies for your organization, and are committed to your success. If you have further questions about creating your strategy or developing your vision, please give me, Rick Meekins, a call at 678-265-3908, or email us at [email protected].