Digital Marketing Trends To Watch In 2021
The evolution of digital marketing has many theories, but most agree it began after search engines were created back in the early 1990s. Since then, the marketplace has realized the necessity of having an online presence to gain the attention of their customers among the “noise” of other competitors.
Now that we’ve entered the second quarter of 2021, after a world-wide shutdown last year, digital marketing has become even more essential. Many consumers have not only become used to online shopping and delivery due to sheltering-in-place for most of 2020. Now, there seems to be a shift towards consumers continuing that type of purchasing style.
James Blake keeps his eyes on digital marketing trends. He wrote an article for Forbes Magazine called “Digital Marketing Trends to Watch in 2021.” They include:
- Show a social conscience – Find ways to express diversity and inclusivity into your branding and marketing
- Demonstrate your sustainable credentials – Develop a balance between price/convenience and compassion for environmental issues
- Embrace live streaming – Facebook, LinkedIn, TikTok and other platforms offer live streaming options. Include that as a regular part of your digital marketing tactics
- Focus on building a community, not selling – Create user-generated content to build bridges between your customers and your business
- Consider the mark of voice and visual technology – SEO-optimized copy is no longer enough. Alexa, Siri, and other similar products now use voice recognition for search queries. Look for ways to utilize both.
- Get podcasting – Anyone can host a podcast using both free and paid platforms. Sales are built on relationships, and speaking to your audience on a regular basis builds trust.
- Be transparent with your audience – Consumers often spend money based on their values. Be upfront with who you are, and the right customers will show up eventually.
Allow Blake’s comment to guide your 2021 digital marketing efforts: “The online world spins at pace, and what was cutting-edge yesterday could be obsolete by 2022. To ensure your business continues to enjoy success, embrace these marketing trends that I believe are set to govern the digital environment in 2021.”
To read Blake’s article in full, click here.
As business leaders, it’s important to continuously look ahead to stay on top of economic changes and industry trends. We, at Aepiphanni, specialize in supporting small businesses to maximize their operational effectiveness and grow even in the midst of challenging times.
So if you are a business leader who needs more clarity about your business’s processes or a desire to grow towards a new level of success, take a minute and book a Coffee & a Consult with us here! There is no charge for this conversation and it will provide you an opportunity to learn how we may be able to help you achieve your long-term business goals.
Kris Cavanaugh Castro is the People Development Coach at Aepiphanni, the trusted advisor for business leaders who are seeking forward-thinking solutions to help them plan for and navigate through the challenges of business growth. Kris has over 25 years of coaching, training and mentoring leaders to greater success; and she periodically writes about leadership development and facilitates change management conversations.
We would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and comments below.