The journey of entrepreneurship is long and arduous. It is very easy to get lost in the middle of the path not knowing where you went wrong and where you should go from there. As an entrepreneur you have to look after each and every process of your business and the people involved with it including your employees, customers and stakeholders. This is not an easy task and requires:
- A lot of tenacity
- Constant monitoring and supervision
- Reviews and reforms
- Research and developments
- Knowledge of market and customers
- Pressure and stress while dealing with the known and unknown challenges
- Uninterrupted operation even at low tides!
Ideally, you will do better if you have a strong and knowledgeable companion alongside you which is why every entrepreneur will need a business mentor to be successful. There are lots of other good reasons to have one as well.
Information and resources
In order to do well in your business, it’s necessary to have a steady flow all information, facts and figures that will help craft your path to success along with other information such as:
- Business news
- Different opportunities and avenues
- Latest updates in the rules and regulations
- Industry developments
This information can be gathered from:
- Friends and family
- Online gurus
- Different publications, journals and magazines
- TV news channels and radio broadcasts
- Your casual acquaintances
- Industry analysts
- Social and other networking contacts
All these tips, advice, facts and information, though helpful, may not take you and your business very far from where you started.
A Business Mentor
Hiring a business mentor will be far more effective and beneficial for your business. A business mentor is person having a lot of entrepreneurial business experience than you or any of your trusted sources. They become the most trusted and knowledgeable confidante whom you will have by your side for over an extended period of time. What is even more exciting is that you can have their services and assistance usually free of charge.
This may sound to be ‘too good to be true’ knowing that nothing in this world comes for free, especially a service; however, business mentors work for a purpose.
- First and foremost, a business mentor believes that aiding an up-and-coming entrepreneur is probably the greatest way to give back to their community and to society at large.
- With their expert advice and guidance, they will be able to help their mentees by a great deal to make a quantifiable impact on their business.
Ideally, business mentors see themselves as a combination of teacher, consultant, manager and a strategist, advising people in those capacities to develop their business acumen and skills.
A true business mentorship relationship works in both directions: you learn timeless wisdom from the business mentor, and they come to know about new business ideas, tactics and strategies from you!
Benefits of having a business mentor
- They are the specialists who know situations and challenges that may come your way which you will need to face head-on and overcome.
- They will teach you and guide you through the process so that you choose the right path to encounter these challenges and overcome them.
- They will provide you with their support on an ongoing basis in the best possible way so that you do not face the stress and strain of running a business on your own, single-handedly.
Therefore, it will not be exaggerating to state a good and experienced business mentor that can share their wisdom with you and truly help you to beat known and unknown challenges is a must have for new entrepreneurs.
The most significant benefit of having a business mentor by your side is that they will guide you in such a manner that it will have a direct and positive impact on the growth of your business over time.
Summarizing the benefits
To summarize, you will have a person to turn to when you need help and advice for running your business, given the fact that you are flying solo as a business owner.
You will get the best advice from them when things get tough because they have ‘been there and done that.” You will learn a lot from their previous mistakes and successes. This means you will be able to maximize your opportunities when you leverage this relationship.
Most importantly, business mentors themselves have a wide and extensive network being an experienced businessperson themselves. You can make the best their network and gain a lot of prowess in decision-making from these and other experienced senior decision-makers.
Cindy Hawthorne is a noted blogger who has thorough knowledge about businesses and startups. You can follow her blogs on the same to know more about the conceptions. She has also worked as expert in this particular field and has a great deal of knowledge on the same. For more, please visit libertylending.com.
Aepiphanni would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and comments below.
If you are ready to discuss how Aepiphanni can help you with digital marketing, overcoming challenges to growth or any number of business solutions for your business, whether a small, growing or established company, contact us directly or submit a request for a complimentary Coffee & A Consult to learn how we can help you CREATE | DESIGN | BUILD an Extraordinary company.