Rick Meekins is the Managing Partner at Aepiphanni, a Business Consultancy, an Atlanta, GA based small business consultancy that provides Management Consulting, Implementation and Managed Services to business leaders and entrepreneurs seeking to improve or expand operations.
Image Issues | Extraordinary Business
You are at an event or gathering and have a great conversation with someone. You learn that they have a particular product or service that is appealing to you, within the budget and timing that you have. During the meeting, they fit the expertise and professionalism of the type of company you want to work with. Then you see their website…it is not at all consistent with your expectations. What do you do? Do you overlook it? Do you look for similar companies that might have a better presence?
What if the inconsistencies were with their customer service, the way the representative talked, the way they dressed or the way they kept their offices? Is there a deal breaker for you, beyond a good or great product?
As a business leader, getting your product to the marketplace is only part of the equation. Finding ways to continuously meet or exceed your customers’ expectations – going beyond the sale – is what might separate what your company is offering from what your competitors are offering.
Here are six strategies you can use to make sure that you constantly present the image you want your audiences to see.
- Listen to your target clients. You are already doing business with these people. Ask them about their experience, their expectations, what other companies they’ve considered
- Create a consistent image. Make sure that everything that you present to the marketplace is well thought-out and presents a consistent brand or image. This is from your advertising and promotions, to your logo, to your customer service, to how you describe the company to your website.
- Don’t Believe the Hype – People will say, “just throw something out there.” If you are serious about what you are doing, you understand that everything you are doing makes an impression on the marketplace. Sometimes, the smallest inconsistency immediately reflects on your brand
- Re-evaluate – Just like large advertising campaigns change periodically, so do your advertising and promotional pieces. You want to keep what you are doing fresh and in front of your audiences. Give them another reason to connect with you one more time.
- Strategize – don’t just think about what everyone is doing now (Google+, for example) and duplicate it for duplicating it. Look at how you can leverage activities or technologies to achieve very specific results for your company.
- Spend the Money – Frugal mentality will yield frugal results. Putting the RIGHT money into the RIGHT solution should pay off multiple times over.
The image you present is everything. People buy with their eyes, often before they will bother to learn more about a company. Given that so much business is done without a physical handshake, these days, it is important to ensure that everywhere your company presents itself, has the image you wish for your company to show.
Aepiphanni Business Consulting: The Business Strategy People is an Operations Management and Business Strategy Consulting Firm dedicated to serving the needs of small to medium sized business leaders. We specialize in helping leaders create extraordinary businesses.
We welcome clients in the personal and professional services industries, including Creative and Design Services, Software & IT Services, Professional Services and Specialty Consumer Services. As always, we welcome your comments, thoughts, questions and suggestions.
If you are seeking a business assessment, or have further questions about creating your strategy or developing your vision, please give me, Rick Meekins, a call at 678-265-3908, or email us at [email protected].