“Without consultation, plans are frustrated, But with many counselors they succeed. “~ King Solomon
Why might you consider hiring a business advisor?
To be good or great at something requires that you continue to “sharpen” your skills. If you liken it to athletes – the ones that excel have an advisor from the time that they start out until they retire, they have a coach that pushes them to run further, push harder and run faster for the single goal of winning!
Successful business leaders are no different. You need someone to help you stay on track, help you set and meet your goals, pushing you to be better than you ever could. No matter what stage your business is at, we can all stand to be better at what we do.
To start a company, you only need to have a product or service someone is willing to buy. To build an extraordinary company, you need an advisory.
Learn more about what we do and how we can help you and your company by exploring the tabs below or join us for a Coffee & a Consult.
What would an advisory program look like and how you can tell if it is working?
Your advisory program is your own. It is for you. You choose the destination; our job will be to help you get there.
You will have the option of meeting virtually, on the phone or in person at set intervals. It is best if you have a place that is quiet. Advisory sessions usually take about an hour. They are structured to the extent that progress is the primary goal. We will keep you and your goals on track to accomplish them within your timeframe. Of course, if you need your advisor between meetings, you are free to contact them.
At each meeting, we will go over what you have accomplished in the previous time frame and compare it to the goals that we set at the previous meeting. You will get feedback and recommendations based on what you have accomplished. Our interest is always to make you successful, which means that we might not always agree with you and we will typically encourage you to aim higher.
We are going with you the entire way. We cannot be successful if you are not.
This is how we get things done
Advisory Support is primarily driven by you and the goals that you have established for yourself and your company. You may find that you have habits that are keeping the company from growing, such as having difficulty hiring the right staff or managing productivity or finances, or managing your calendar.
Perhaps, you are comfortable with a lot of what you are doing and would like to figure out how you can do what you do better. As with a basketball player, having someone observe how you do what you do, offer pointers and bounce ideas off of can help you refine what you.
Perhaps you simply need someone to talk ideas through with you, provide answers and advice where you might have gaps in your thinking and who can give you objective thinking about you and your company, the marketplace, your industry and perhaps help you uncover some thoughts or ideas you’ve had.
With an understanding of what you would like to do, the process will generally be:
- First, we will work with you to establish clear, measurable, important goals to work toward
- Then, we will work out a timeline, so we will strive to achieve certain goals within a specific time period
- We will meet weekly or bi-weekly to discuss progress, evaluate any areas where you are struggling and identify new opportunities or threats that may present themselves
- At the end of the program, we will evaluate where you are versus where you started.
Throughout the process, we will work with you to help you stay on track, providing you with objective, timely evaluations and feedback along the way.
Areas you may consider getting advisory support around
Small Business Advisory support revolves around six primary areas:
- Talking through business challenges
- Short and long term planning
- Business Development
- Financial Decisions
- Human Resources and Outsourcing
- Product Management
- General or Operational Management
The advantages you will gain from working with a small business advisor include:
- Ongoing evaluation and re-evaluation of plans and strategies
- You’ll have someone to follow-up on the goals you have made yourself
- You’ll have access to a motivational resource
- You will have the structure to help you know what to do, when.
- You’ll have someone holding you accountable to do the right things at the right times.
- You’ll have someone to bounce ideas off and to brainstorm with
How we can work with you
Advisory Sessions can be delivered one, two or four times per month,. Most engagements are done over the internet or over the phone. You will have access to a project board that will help to keep you on track and show the progress you have made over time.
- Advisory 1: Once a month advisory support is delivered for professionals seeking to “raise their game,” so to speak.
- Advisory 2: Twice a month, 1 hour meetings is typically for advisory to develop some aspect of the business. At the same time, many clients work on specific challenges such as moving into a management role, increasing productivity or forcing themselves out of day to day operations so that the business can grow.
- Advisory 3: Twice a month 2 hour meetings or weekly 1 hour meetings – our most intensive offering for business leaders who want support with daily operations without the want or need for outsourced operations management.
Hiring a Business Advisor could be your Company’s game-changer. Contact us or register for a complimentary Coffee & a Consult to learn more.