Notes from the show...
What do you do when you only need insurance for a three-day car rental or when using a car sharing app? Former Babson College student, Matthew Vega-Sanz, is the CEO of and co-founder (along with his brother) of Lula, an insurance infrastructure technology boasting a fully integrated suite of insurance tools. Lula specializes in providing insurance infrastructure to car rental companies, trucking and logistics companies, car sharing platforms, rentals for military personnel, and “everything in between.” He does this by honing in on a subspecialty of insurance that is so often overlooked—car insurance that covers shorter periods of time—a concept Vega-Sanz calls episodic insurance.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How to forge a market fit for your product where there is none
- How to be a “student of the start-up game”
- The importance of being a venture-backable business
- How to overcome the mental battle when seeking funding for your start-up
- The hard truth about raising capital without traction
- Why we need to normalize struggle over success